Monday, January 16, 2012

Peanut Butter Cupcakes

In honor of my sweet friend Lucy I am posting my favorite cupcakes, Reese Peanut Butter Cupcakes, although there are quite a few steps don't let that throw you for a loop. They are fairly simple and the end result is more than worth the effort. I made these for a class party at school and they were a major hit, not to mention my coworkers as well as Daniel's pretty much demolished them within minutes. I am not a huge fan of peanut butter so I don't indulge in the full flavor of the icing but that's up to your taste. 


Cupcakes
1 18.25 ounce packaged Devil's food cake mix
1 small package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 tablespoon instant expresso dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water
24 mini Reese's cups, let these freeze for at least a day so they will not sink in the mix when they bake


Preheat oven to 350 and prepare 24 muffin tins. Beat the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, vanilla, almond, and expresso on medium speed until mixed well. Pour mix into tins only filling about 3/4 of the way full. Press one Reese into the center of each cupcake. Bake for about 18 mins, they will have a small indent in the center from the cup but don't worry you can cover that with the icing. 


Frosting
2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (or more if you are all about the peanut taste)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon almond extract
1 large bag confectioners sugar, sifted
8 tablespoons Pet milk, if you use regular milk use a little less


Cream the butter and peanut butter together until fluffy, add sugar, vanilla, almond, and milk and beat till fluffy and peaks form. Store in fridge.


Make sure the cupcakes are completely cooled before icing. I like to top them with a little drizzled chocolate and some more crushed peanut butter cups.
Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tiff!! I just printed a copy of this recipe for your Mom and myself!!! We can not wait to try it!!!!! We are so proud of you!!!! I know you are enjoying your mixer!!! Love you, and hope you get feeling better really soon~!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! Love and miss you tons!! Hope you enjoy it it's one of my favorites!!!!

      Delete