Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cheese Biscuits

Any time I make the spaghetti sauce I posted I always like to have homemade bread to slop it up with! I very rarely make the same bread recipe back to back but these cheese biscuits are a favorite among my hubby Daniel as well as my mom and best friends Jenny and Courtney. So this recipe is for them :)

1 1/2 cup AP flour
1 heaping tablespoon white sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 egg
1 cup butter milk (if you don't keep butter milk on hand you can use regular milk, the butter milk adds a richness and sweetness to the mixture that balances well with the cheese)
3/4 stick butter, melted
3 tablespoons garlic powder
pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together. Add the shredded cheese and mix well. Beat the egg and butter milk together and add to the dry mixture. Add the garlic powder and a pinch of pepper and butter. Grease muffin tins very well and bake for 20 mins or until the bottoms are slightly browned. 
Enjoy!

1 comment: