Friday, January 20, 2012

Crumble Coffee Cake

To say I am a coffee fanatic would be an understatement, in fact I strongly believe that without my daily cups I may just fall apart! I love anything to do with this magical drink; coffee candy, iced coffee, black coffee, coffee chocolate, etc, but the one coffee treat I love the most is a great coffee cake to pair perfectly with my warm cup of liquid gold! I have a few recipes all of which are equally yummy but the one I will post today is my favorite quick cake. It can be made on a weekend morning in no time and bake while you are completing other task. You could even make the batter the night before and refrigerate it so all you need to do is pop it in the oven and enjoy!


Crumble Coffee Cake
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cream of tarter
1/8 teaspoon coriander
1 1/4 cups flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 stick butter softened
1/2 cup milk
1 egg



Preheat oven to 350. In small bowl mix baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cream of tarter, and coriander and put aside. In a mixing bowl mix the flour, salt, and brown sugar, add the butter and mix until large crumbles form, take out 1 cup of the crumbs and set aside. Add the baking powder mixture to the mixing bowl and mix, add the milk and egg and beat until mixed well. Pour into a well greased 9 inch baking dish and bake for 25 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment