Monday, February 20, 2012

The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies

When I was a kid my mom made the best chocolate chip cookies. My favorite thing about them was the gooieness consistent with a yummy cookie. She always kept them in the same Tupperware container and every time I opened it the wonderful aroma of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies would come pouring out making you hungry for them. Now she has passed not only the recipe but also the container on to me so every time I bake these wonderful cookies I am transformed back to my childhood and relive the pure joy I got from smelling chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven!


The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs (room temp)
1 teaspoon almond 
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cup unsifted flour divided
1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 1 teaspoon hot water
12 ounces chocolate chips (I like to use the semi-sweet Ghiradelli chocolate chips)


1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In bowl cream butter, add sugars and cream well.
3. Add in flour alternately with the baking soda mixture.
4. Beat in eggs and salt until fluffy. 
5. Reduce speed to slow and add in almond, vanilla, and chocolate chips
6. Drop tablespoon sized amounts on greased cookie sheet and back for 8-12 minutes or until done.
Enjoy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment